Male Pelvic Health
A patient had been diagnosed Azoospermia, producing sperm but the sperm unable to make it to the semen for ejaculation. This couple had endured rounds of IVF to achieve pregnancy but in light of no underlying systemic issues, I considered:
- Why was the sperm not making it there?
- Is there a potential blockage?
- If so, what?
- What is the missing link here?
- How are the structures governing the function?
- Is there good mobility of bone, muscle, ligament, tendon, viscera, blood, lymphatic, nerve and energy?
- Pelvic congestion / Inflammation?
- What areas of this mans life could predispose him to these issues?
- What does he do all day - Is he active or sedentary?
- What environmental stressors does he have?
- What might his nutritional intake and toxic load levels indicate?
- How can we work together to possibly improve outcomes if this couple would like to conceive again?
This is Osteopathy - always questioning, seeking to understand the anatomy and physiology of any situation whilst taking into account all aspects of your life.
Of course, each case is very different and individual to the couple involved but it absolutely makes sense to have the machine checked out before embarking on such an epic journey:
- Prior to trying to conceive - Good foundations, best chance
- Prior to the Sperm Count test - Squashed pride is brutal
- Prior to IVF - A harrowing, stressful and often expensive experience
Ultimately some couples may still need intervention. But many couples wont.
Wherever you are on your journey to conception, if you have questions or concerns, it is easy to book online here.